Truth can be dreams: madness and beauty

Saturday, January 22, 2005

madness and beauty

I just finnished watching a program about the school in Russia that was taken over by CRAZY people.

Right now I am feeling very empty. Life is such a friggin crazy thing.

Here I am in beautiful Canada, fairly safe and sound. All cosy in my nice little house surrounded by people I love and love me. When there are places in this world that are covered with the blood of children.

If I truly did not believe in the God of the bible I don't know what I would do. I mean I have moments where I think life is so meaningless and void of any use. The only thing that snaps me out of that is Jesus. The hope that Jesus gives, heaven, life beyond this one. Also the fact that this life CAN be FULL of meaning and purpose.

My trust and faith in Jesus is being sharpened latley.

Funny how pain can make you feel so alive.

I have been buying fresh flowers regularly the past few months. I am making it a habit when I buy groceries to pick some up. God made some really beautiful amazing things. Last week I had yellow daisies (at least I think they were dasies), and this week it's orange tulips. The detail God put into something that lives and grows and dies fairly quickly is absoultly incredible.

Want some inspiration? Want to see and feel a piece of God? Take any flower and just study it for 2 minutes. Beautiful.

God truly is a mystery, and I love him.


hayes at 10:08 p.m.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

I love flowers too!!! And I have a thing for tulips myself!

11:40 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Alexandra, you continue to amaze me! Flowers are definitely one of God's gorgeous creations. Bless you!

12:50 p.m.  
Blogger She Says Electric said...

I read a couple of articles as well about that horrible crazy situation. I bawled. It was so horrible. I felt compelled to read though, it's like I needed to be able to share in their pain, to help carry just a teaspoon's worth.

3:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home