Truth can be dreams: It's all pretty fuzzy

Monday, January 10, 2005

It's all pretty fuzzy

So I had my test today. I was so anxious I just wanted it over with.

So the day surgery unit of the hospital was interesting. It felt a little like cattle being shuffled around. There was one big room where everyone who was being preped for a procedure or had already had their procedure waited. All in beds lined up along the walls, and at one point even in the middle of the room.

There was this one AWESOME older man who was being shuffled around a bit who had such a great attitude. He was so thankful to be there and just full of joy. I wanted to talk to him just to see if I could catch some of that JOY from him.

I wasn't exactly in a bad mood or cranky. I was also glad to be there. I was just anxious, wanting to finally know what's up with me.

When they finally wheeled me into the room where I was having the procedure done I met the doctor. He was really nice and actually seemed to care what I was saying. He asked me a few questions and we talked about how I have been feeling, then he said "your going to get really sleepy now." The last thing I remember is him asking me to roll over on my side.....

I'm pretty sure I puked. I vaguely remember a nurse bringing a bed pan to me. That whole part is really fuzzy. Then the nurse came in and said your family's here! Ryan and the kids walked in, I think I went to the bathroom...... The doctor came and talked to us while Ryan was there because I was so out if it I wouldn't have remembered a thing.

Ryan tells me the Doc said he found a blockage. So I will be having many more tests. Including a CT scan! This is the one I have wanted and prayed for. I feel all the mystery will be solved after that test.

I feel like crap right now. I slept on the bathroom floor since I got home. Trinity actually fell asleep with me. Then when Silver was going to bed he wanted me to lay down with him until he fell asleep too! I had no problems with that since I am crazy tired.

I hope this all made sense. I don't think I am quite in my right mind yet.


hayes at 9:14 p.m.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Ohhh Alexandra! Sleeping on the bathroom floor...that's how you know you are pretty sick and exhausted! I had my fair share of time on the bathroom floor when I got food poisoning in BC one time. I thought I would die on my uncle's floor....and the thought running through my mind was "What if my uncle has to come in to the bathroom and find me dead and naked on the floor?".
I am glad to hear that something was found! Here we go CT Scan.....I had one of those too last March. That one is no problem. Your test today sounds much worse!
Get better quickly! We missed you at dance tonight!

10:21 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

It's so good to know that there's progress! Lord, would You continue Your work of healing in Alexandra's body. Father, you made her and know her more intimately than anyone or anything...would You be the healer. Would You give the Dr's wisdom and revelation as to what is wrong that she can live in health! Amen. We did miss you and your awesome moves at dance! Hope you're feeling better!
Kris, that was a pretty crappy morning for you! It's a very good thing uncle Steve didn't find you dead or naked on his bathroom floor! Not so good!

9:06 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alexandra.....sorry youve been so sick and having problems!I will pray for you......hang in there!jewel

7:00 p.m.  
Blogger Christina said...

That is so great that you are getting a CT scan! Hopefully your next visit to the hospital won't be so traumatic. Thank you Jesus for your healing in Alexandra's life.

2:40 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had a CT scan before too. Not nearly so nasty! Getting it mixed up with the MRI though. Hope you can get it done soon! Sonya

5:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home