Truth can be dreams: Mr. Norman

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Mr. Norman

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Do you know who Larry Norman is? Well if not he is this super cool totally 'old school' Christian rocker. He started waaaaaay back and was one of the first Christian rockers. Well anyway my mother has somehow gotten to know him. Don't even ask me HOW. She is one of a group of intercessors for Larry. For his birthday they all wanted to send him something. Long story short over the last week I have been working on this sculpture to send to him.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It is Larry kneeling with different colored hands on his back representing all of his interceccors praying for him. Although this is not my best work it is a major mildstone for me in my mini-sculpting. This is the first one I have done of someone I don't know, which has been fairly challenging. I talk to God and try to discern what the piece should look like and it just helps so much if I know the person. This one I have made on faith, sort of.

I'm excited to send it out and see what he thinks. I pray that he is blessed. I know I have been to just make it for him.
This is the picture I worked off of.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
hayes at 2:53 p.m.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Larry...well not personally but yes have heard of him and his music.Anyhow Alexandra WOW that is super cool!You are really talented!That is awesome! I love the idea of the colored hands on his back!Very powerful!Your a pretty neat girl.Im sure he will be really blessed by that!Take care! Jewel(Adi)

11:22 a.m.  
Blogger Kristi said...

That's awesome! You go creative chick!

2:16 p.m.  
Blogger Christina said...

I love it! Your sculptures are seriously amazing. It looks just like him! I'm sure he will be completely blessed by it.

5:00 p.m.  
Blogger She Says Electric said...

Niiiice!

Thank you for posting pictures of it.

5:25 p.m.  
Blogger Rebecca said...

I am from the old school - and Larry Norman rocks
I find it incredible that you can bless him in this way

9:35 p.m.  
Blogger Sonya said...

We have a video of his that we just love! When I saw the sculpture, I asked myself "What's Larry doing in this big huge swath of red satin?" I thought it was him! Okay, maybe his hair looked a little too straw-like, but you really captured his essence.

10:51 p.m.  
Blogger rachel elizabeth said...

so amazing!
at first I thought it was a painting and then I kept ready and found out it was a sculpture! I was blown away!!
I hope you keep finding reason to keep doing stuff like that...love ya...ciao

8:59 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You're amazing!!! God is totally using the gifts He has placed in you to bless others! I love that you're faithful with what He's given you! Larry is going to be blown away! God bless you, Alexandra!

9:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alexandra that is awesome!! Great idea, very inspired.

1:07 a.m.  
Blogger hayes said...

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I feel every encouraged in this art form. I have so many ideas for so many people that I need to get making.

8:43 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now, thats what i call a tribute,awsome it speaks without words, you are truly gifted, where can i get one. stay blessed brian

7:58 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home