Truth can be dreams: Frustrated incorporated

Friday, March 11, 2005

Frustrated incorporated

I finally got my results yesterday. So here it is. It seems the blockage is my right ovary. It is causing pressure on my colon. The doc also thinks I may have IBS. They don't know why my ovary is doing this.

That all said let me share something with you that could possibly make me look like a nut case. About 8 months ago I spent many hours on the internet looking at all different possibilities for why I felt sick. I happened upon a fairly recent study done by the American Medical Association that looks at early detection of ovarian cancer. Without getting into details I noticed that I have a lot of the symptoms. I presented my concerns to my first doc and she basically laughed at me......no she actually DID laugh at me. Then I talked to my new doc about it and he at least had a conversation with me about it. He felt that it was just far off because I am in the wrong age bracket!!!!
I said "Is that the only reason you think I don't have it?"
Doc "Well, yes".
Well HELLO that's not a very good reason to totally dismiss the possibility!

O.K here I am now. Feeling like crap still, many tests behind me, and still no one can tell me exactly what is wrong with me. The fact that it has something to do with my ovaries is both frustrating and encouraging. Frustrating because I had suggested that possibility months ago. Encouraging because I feel that I can trust my instincts and I know my body.

So here it is. More tests, more not knowing, more waiting, more praying. PLEASE pray that whatever is up with my right ovary will be made known to the doctors. That I will receive answers and treatment before it's too late. (I know that sounds dramatic but it does happen). Thanks.

Other than all that I feel good because I am still having tests and the answer will come one way or another. Thanks for prayers.
hayes at 8:37 a.m.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Alexandra,
I'm thinking about you and my heart is with you! Keep us posted and we pray complete healing over your body! I especially speak to the pain and tell it to be gone!!! Looking forward to working with you more in the next few weeks!

10:48 p.m.  
Blogger hayes said...

Thanks.

7:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home