Truth can be dreams: Without wheels again

Friday, June 30, 2006

Without wheels again

So the last week has been interesting. The children's service went well, I've been working a lot, my sister Shawne and her family came to visit, and we hung out with some good people. Yesterday Silver hit his head on the railing at the book store and cut his head open. We took him to the hospital and they where able to avoid stiches and used some kind of glue instead. He handled it all very well. It was scary seeing him with blood running down his face. I hope I don't have to experience that again.


This morning Ryan went to run a few errands and on his way home the car broke down again. Yes again. We had to have it towed which cost 70 bucks we don't really have. I'm not angry or upset I just feel so numb about it. This is about the 5th time in the last few months that we have had problems with the car. About a week ago it was our battery (my father bought us a new one), then before that it was something else that Ryan's parents paid for, Oh yah our muffler fell off that was it. Now it seems that our ball joint snapped. As far as I know this is a big deal. The options we have in this situation are very difficult. We can suck it up and be a busing family all summer or ask for help again. Both will be hard and humbling. I'm so glad that neither of us work today so we at least have one day to let it sink in. I work 6 days next week so that will be a challenge with no car. Anyway, enough.

Ryan and Trinity are sleeping on the couch. They look cute. Ryan has the flu...big bummer.
hayes at 4:45 p.m.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sucks!

5:09 p.m.  
Blogger Patty-Jean from LittleQuiver said...

Hey Alaxandra! thought i'd say hi - just learned that you were here too! sorry about Silver's accident - so far i've just one daughter, Selah(19mo)and she's been thrown up into a moving ceiling fan(by her remorse uncle), knocked her self out falling off a chair - i wonder how many times us moms will have sat in Emerg. after our children are grown? actually the last time - healthlinks advised us to call 911, after waiting an hour in Emerg. w/o being triaged - we scooted over to my beloved Chiro. and he did exactly what they would have done at the hospital.
have you made contact with Rita? blessings, pj

9:33 p.m.  
Blogger Cheri Dueck said...

Hey Alexandra! So you found my blog! I found yours a while ago but never got around to leaving a comment (I'm really bad for that...). Hope you can get your car fixed soon.

cheri

8:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home