Truth can be dreams: Death

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Death

Two little girls from Silver's class lost their mommies in the past month. They both battled cancer and both where taken by the disease. How tragic. One woman left a husband and two children the other a husband and three children. I have wanted to do or say something to the husbands but what? What could I possibly say that would be of any help or comfort? My heart is so broken for them. Silver and I prayed yesterday for the little girl who most recently lost her mommie. I tried to explain how her Mommie was never coming home again and I don't think that Silver totally understood.....of course. I think I will get some literature to help me explain. So I'm a bit broken for those families today. Bless them Lord.
hayes at 7:42 a.m.

4 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

To lose a mommy so young is awful.
Nothing can be done to fix it or un-do such a tragic, permanent event. However, perhaps the dads just knowing that people care and are praying for them might help a little.

Not that praying for them is a little thing, it may be the most helpful thing anyone can do.

Just my thoughts...I don't know much about dealing with death, as I don't have much experience with it.

3:35 p.m.  
Blogger Sonya said...

That is so sad. Jacob and I have been talking about dying and heaven and being forgiven lately. The most fascinating stuff to discuss with little people. So, I pray for wisdom for you in what to say to Silver and to these hurting families.

I don't know if Focus on the Family would have something helpful on the subject. You might want to check out a Christian bookstore, too.

9:48 p.m.  
Blogger hayes said...

Thanks for all the advice. I will talk with Silver's teacher and get some info.

7:56 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Prairie Sky Books has a couple of books on this topic, written to be read by very little children.

What some have done for grief, is take up quilting/collage. I have no idea if the husbands would be open to it, but I know many who have taken the clothes of the deceased, and then made it into blankets, quilts, or framed art. It's a way of keeping that ever-important person still visible, and putting a physically tangible aspect to memories and thoughts.

12:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home