Truth can be dreams

Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Dream

I was at an amusement park or family camp (something like that). There where quite a few families there some people I knew and some I didn't. I was the speaker or something because I was always talking and people where following me around the camp. The whole time there where demons around getting closer and closer trying to intimidate me. I was struggling for the words to speak to show authority and power (of Jesus). I was doing terribily. I could hardly think of any scriptures and the demons where sort of taking over the place and the people. At one point we where all in a church or something and I was on the stage speaking while the people where sitting and the demons where everywhere. I think only I could see them. Everytime they got very close to me I would pull some scripture or piece of one out of nowhere and they would back off for a short time. Then I saw a couple that are not christians (the demons had not noticed them quite yet) I began to try to pray for them and I could see them really interested in hearing about Jesus. Then the demons saw them and began to surround them. I was so frustrated because I could clerly see what was happening but because I had such a weak knowledge of scripture and spiritual truth I could do practically nothing. I felt so helpless. The demons just kept pressing in and that is pretty much how the dream ended.

Well I thought to myself........ that sure was clear. The Lord (yet again) is warning me to smarten up, get into the word MORE, and pray. What a weak christian I am. Once I was preaching on the street and couldn't stop telling people about Jesus. Now I rarely read my bible or spend time with Jesus. I know that God is telling me he wants to use me but I am not giving him much to work with. I have been called and called again to fight war after war, but really look at me........ I know that God has given me a special insight into people's lifes (at times) and I am able to see them in a spiritual sence (whatever God wants to reveal to me). For once I really see myself. Part of the image I see is me looking like I have been dragged behind a truck, dirty, bloody, bruised, and barely recognisable. A broken weapon hanging from my battered weak arms, and what looks like the remains of faitgues hanging off my body. At the thought of this image I can not weep or even think of sheading a tear. To be this way has been my choice, MY doing. The Lord has only helped me and kept me alive out of grace, out of MERCY, and LOVE. The only thing in this image that gives me hope is ........ I can see my eyes........ and they are turned towards Jeus.

hayes at 9:14 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home