Truth can be dreams

Friday, March 07, 2003

Today I have an appointment with my midwife. This is the appointment that I dread........this is when all the poking starts. I am having my pap test today. EWWWW. I know you can't believe that I am talking about this right? Well it is a very real and important part of the whole pregnancy process. Over the next few months at the very least 2 strangers (my midwifes) will see my privates and there is a possibility of up to 6 ot 7 other strangers (nurses or doctors) as well. This makes me very uncomfortable to say the least. But I have to put myself in a certain frame of mind. Which is........ to remain as calm as possible, to control my fear, and to remember how I actually can't have this baby without SOMEONE seeing me naked. I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT! But I will survive. I like to try to keep things in this life and world in perspective (as best I can). Like o.k so I have to have many people poke me down under, but is that really the worst thing in the world? Not by a long shot. There are people suffering with cancer, kids being tortured to death, whole villages starving, and many more things. Remembering these things actually does keep me somewhat grounded in reality. Now don't et me wrong I don't think we should just forget about our problems and issues and not deal with them. I just think that we should really keep things in perspective on a world scale and not just use our North American brains. Where everything revolves around us and only we matter.
Sorta on that same note. I am looking forward to this summer for so many reasons (NO SNOW), and we are going to start supporting a World Vision child. This is something I have wanted to do for so long. I am totally excited. Alright gotta run..............
hayes at 8:53 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home