Truth can be dreams

Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Two nights ago I went to bed at 8:30pm. I was killer tired and just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I feel esleep within moments of my head hitting the pillow (which is rare for me, it usually takes me about 30 minutes to fall esleep). I had a great sleep and woke up at 5:45am. AHHHH. I was totally ripped off because I still had at least an hour and a half until Silver woke up. So I lay there trying to get some sleep. It wasn't happening........my mind keep slipping from one thought to another, things I needed to do that day, how much I missed my dog, memories of my childhood. That's where my mind stayed. Childhood. I mean really how many really vivid memories do any of us really have? I don't have many. But there is one that I will never forget, and not just because it was a tramatic exxperience, but also because it left a scar. My Daddy (I have always called him that and always will) has blessed me so much in my life. He has given me GREAT advice, passed on his great wisdom, helped me out when no one else could, and made me really believe in myself, and working hard to get the things you desire. But my favorite thing he has ever given me is the scar on my upper lip. Yes you heard me right, a scar. It comes from one of my earliest memories. My family used to spend alot of time (when we where all kids) at parks, or on hikes, or picnics. Because there where so many of us my parents really had to be creative on how to keep us active and entertained. They did a really great job. One afternoon while we where out at the park by our house, my dad had this great idea. He told us to go find a stick big enough to use as a bat, and something that we could use in place of a ball. We found the stick but the only thing we could find for a ball was a tin can. Well it would have to do...... so we began to play. It was so much fun. I remember thinking how neat it was that we where playing basebal with a stick and a tin can. I thought my dad was the smartest guy in the world for thinking up this great game. Then it was my turn up to bat. My dad was pitching...... I held up the bat ready to strike...... he threw the can (underhand of course) I swong, but the pitch was a little off. I felt it hit my face, I was focused on my dad's face. He was white and running towards me. By this time I had quite a bit of blood running down my chin and I could taste it in my mouth. I hadn't started crying.....until I saw the blood and noticed my dad was less then his usual calm self. I started to cry and I remember my dad trying so hard to make me feel better. The cut was pretty deep but I wouldn't need stiches, just lots of ice and cold cloths. I used to hate my scar I got that day. But now, well now I like to think of it as the best thing I ever got from my father. When I see it in the mirror it reminds me of not only the day it happened but of my childhood. How great it was. My family had it's hard times forsure just like any other family. But My parents always did there best with raising us. It helps me to remember how fun and kind my father is. My scar will never leave me, just like all those wonderful memories of being young and innocent and feeling totally protected by my parents. Nice memories that not everyone on this earth is so blessed to have. I am forever thankful for all those blessings....thanks God.
hayes at 2:08 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home