Truth can be dreams

Friday, March 21, 2003

A friend of mine once gave me a great gift. It was (and still is) a book. The book of Celtic Wisdom. I don't read it often, I never have really read it much but when I do I learn something about myself. The book is mirley a collection of phrases and sayings. I have many favorites. But the ones I adore the most are the ones about speaking, or better still NOT speaking. We all feel we have the RIGHT to say what we think and feel at any given moment. But we forget that greater still we have the RIGHT (the gift) to NOT say what we think and feel. How many times I have spoken and regreted it terribly. I will share some of the saying from my book with you.

Words have a magical power.
They can raise up the spirits or dash them down.
They can bring laughter as easily as tears.
Spend words like a miser counting coins.
Make each word count.

Little said is well said.

One should strive to emulate these traits in others.
Wisdom in words and deeds,
Justice in words and deeds,
Generosity in words and deeds.

That's just a few. Ahhhhh the house is quite. Silver is sleeping and Ryan as well. Although I am amazingly sleepy myself I would never have any ME time if I naped in the afternoon (and the laundry would never get done).
hayes at 12:41 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home