Truth can be dreams

Monday, March 24, 2003

There is no one I respect more whom I have never met than Rev. Billy Graham. As well I completely respect his son Franklin Graham. Today on CNN there was a brief interview with Franklin. It was awesome. He said the name of Jesus in such a loving and powerful way at least 7 times (the interview was only about 4 or 5 minutes long). I have been struggling greatly with all of the feelings and emotions and thoughts that I have had on what is happening with the war. Franklin who is working very closely with the president (as his father has done for many many years and many presidents) finally gave me hope in christains concerning what is happening. He is totally full of LOVE and WISDOM. He neither said "yes I am totally for this war lets go get them", nor "I am against this war and the corruption that has gotten us to this point". Those are pretty much the two view points that I have heard expressed everywhere. I believe that this man has a very good relationship with Jesus, he shows amazing fruit in his life and personally I see the spirit of God all over this man, and his father. I refuse to listen to just anyone's opion (including the US news as well as the information comming out of Iraq (not that I know much), but I feel the Lord has given me enough wisdom and understanding to know that the US government is NOT totally corrupt. There is corruption (sin) everywhere, in peoples personal lifes, in churches, schools, governments etc. But to say that the president and some of his men and people with money and power hve made this war to happen and that they have calculated the final out come of war to me is rediculoius. No I don't believe everything I see on TV or read in magazines but I would never believe everything (bits of it yes) that something like adbusters puts out either. There is truth and lies all around and we NEED the discernment of God to help us sift through it all. This is what I have been doing. Praying that I would not be blinded by the lies nor that I would miss the truth. To tell you the truth it does not concern me if I never know ALL the facts and truth about this war. No I don't desire to live in darkness and just forget about it all and leave it up to the governments to worry about and deal with, but I think I understand my possision through all of this and in my life...... to me it is quite clear in the BIBLE what my posision should be. One of BLESSING, not only to the US and Canadian governments but also to Iraq and Saddam. When we break this whole mess down what do we get? HUMANS, with lifes, children, feelings, fear, creations of God, that all have sinned and really so have we. Sin is what has brought us to this place. Have we truly forgotten that? Why do inocent people have to die? Whos is innocent? Im not. I have not pressed inand prayed for my government as the bible says I should have you? I haven't even voted for years, have you? I refuse to curse either Iraqi's nor US nor British etc. I don't understand how one man can kill another wether it is in war or what side he is on. My mind can not wrap around that. Although as Carlie said in her blog if someone was comming at me with a gun to kill me and i had a gun darn rights i would try to strike first. Does that make me the winner? or the loser? Neither. It makes me still alive to live out Gods will on this sin filled, at times confusing planet. I have not gotten out all of my thoughts but this will be the only time I ever write about this subject. I feel I have expressed my heart. I love Jesus, I know he loves and cares for all people. He is the only hope. Also I keep thinking You reap what you sew. Iraq has done some terrible things to other countries fought in wars and attacked. Just as America has done some terrible things to other countries and I believe that they suffer for it now and in the future they will. God will judge all the same. I am more worried about wether or not I am living and doing what the Lord wills. In short I feel there is NO right or wrong in this thing. War is messy , dirty, and emtional for millions of people including all of us. Are you making a difference and an attempt to bring the peace of God to others, and are you allowing God to bring peace to you?
hayes at 11:20 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home