Truth can be dreams

Friday, August 01, 2003

Picture this....its 4am, and for once I am actually sleeping soundly. That is until the loud sirens of 3 or 4 fire trucks come screaming down my street. For one brief moment I think 'whatever no big deal there just driving by', but as I wake up a little more I remember how short my street is and how they COULDN'T be 'just driving by'. So the next thought I have is "Holy crap is our house on fire!?" There are flashing lights everywhere and I can hear the scrambling of the firefighters on the street. I jump out of bed and realise that I have practically no clothes on. (This really freaks me out, who wants to see a 9 month pregnant woman in nothing but underwear and a tank top!) As you can see my mind was not totally clear yet, still fuzzy from sleep. I look out the window and see that the trucks are basically in front of our house. It only takes me a second to see that it is not our house they are interested in but two houses over from us. The fire hydrant happens to be right in front of our house though, explaining why there is so much action right out side my window. I rush around the house in a daze trying to find some clothes to put on (just incase someone comes to the door). I check Silver , who is sleeping like a brick. Have any of you ever heard what is sounds like to open a fire hydrant??? Well let me tell you it sounds like a thousand cats being slowly killed. I keep looking out the window but can't see much. Then I think of the people in the house (my head is becomming quite clear by this point). I start to pray for them. I could tell by the way the fire fighters are acting that the fire isn't very bad. So that makes me feel better. Then I think of Ryan (who should be home from work in about 20 minutes). He is going to see our street covered with fire trucks and a couple ambulances and freak out. The poor guy. But just as I am about to call him on the cel he walks in the door looking rather pale. It turns out the poor guy did panic a little. But all was well with us. Anyway, the house looks like it just had a minor fire, and the people are fine. So thanks Jesus. Thats my story for today. We are all very tired today......
hayes at 4:02 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home