Truth can be dreams: Having a wonderful life

Monday, January 31, 2005

Having a wonderful life

Life has been pretty sweet this past week. Ever since my leg stopped hurting I have seriously felt a hundred times better.

So Ryan goes to school and works a lot. I love having him home as much as possible (and have been known to try and pressure him to skip a few classes). It's great when we are both at home. I can tell that the kid really enjoy it too. But you know what drives me crazy about having him home....? My schedule gets totally messed up.

When it's just me and the kids home, I manage to get tons of laundry done, all the dishes, vacuum, clean up toys, books, clothes, have supper started by 4:00 and ready by 5:30 - 6:00. You would think that having two parents home would make things easier and get more done. In my house this is not so.

I have been trying to figure out why this is. When Ryan is home we go on outings more often. Like to the library or for coffee, something like that. We work on projects in the house that I would never do on my own (because there is no extra time for on a normal day), like organizing all our clothes or books or pictures. We spend time talking (or fighting :).

Does anyone else find this to be true for you? I am writing up a weekly schedule today for both us and the kids. I hope this will help us to get more done and also have more free time for our own projects. We'll see.


hayes at 11:11 a.m.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

You rock, Alexandra! You do seem like quite the amazing, fun, awesome and efficient mom! Good on you!
Thanks again Jesus for your work of healing! Would you increase in our lives God!!

8:54 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know what you mean by that,...it gets like that with jobie and i too,...and its frustrating,..but at the same tiem you liek it,...cuz its nice to have them around,...a schedule sounds like a good idea,...Anyways,...thanks for the little chat earlier....sorry for my venting and processing,...i am sure the stage that i am at now is a bit ugly so i apologize if i was dumping on you,...i really miss you and carlie alot,....wish we could get together sometime...(how,....???i don't know)....anyways...love to you and your family...jen

12:50 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alexandra........what is Ryan taking in school?What is the college like there?Let me know k?Jewel

2:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alexandra......in case you were wondering the post on circumcision was in response to someone who basically questioned our faith in God if we were not for it.Which I think is ridiculous.Thus the post.ANYhow.....yes we are very seriously considering moving....and school.......somewhere.Its the where that we are not sure about.We are having a hard time hearing that on that one.SO ,(I know you are a wild and passionate intercessor!LOL!)if you ever want to throw up a prayer for us and you feel ANYTHING at all about us or our situation feel free to let me know!We really feel its time to go but feel no leading or direction as to WHERE to go.We also have discussed furthering our education at length and are searching out some things there.I hated winter in Winnipeg to be honest but I loved the culture and the people.I was in a harsh depression when I lived there and to be honest...I was always afraid of all the crime there and stuff.Coming from the little hick town I grew up in you know!LOL!There were alot of things about it I did love and do miss though.I wouldnt move back there on my own but if God spoke and we were sure......well heck stranger things have happened,I would go in two shakes if God said go.Thing is......Im not really good at hearing God speak!LOL!I was just curious about the school there.Thats really cool that Ryan is taking theatre!NEAT!I just signed up to take a painting class with my sister in law.Ive never done anything like that before.Huh........well I just poured out my life story to you.Well my little boy needs me gotta go......bless you.....Adi.(That is my name in Hebrew if your wondering.)

10:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sonya says, "Yes, this is the way it is for Rod and I, too. We're often late for things if we're together but not when we're apart. I think we both tend to respond to each other and initiate less when we're together. I still haven't gotten to the scheduling stage...

1:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home