Truth can be dreams

Thursday, June 09, 2005

The past 4 years or so I have been in a major social slump. I have been meditating on why for the last 4 years I have basically been socially inept. I just don't have the time or energy, or I just don't WANT to have the time or energy.

I love talking to people but I don't go out of my way at all to do it. You see if I have some reason to talk to a person I will. but if there is no reason then I will not just walk up to someone and say "Hello my name is Alexandra".

This is something I need to change. I have to resurrect my social skills. I am going to give it a try.
hayes at 10:58 p.m.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

I TOTALLY understand. I think it's hard to make yourself that exposed. Having children also has something to do with it. I find I'm so geared at children that I have to WORK at adult conversation. I also find I hide behind my children, using them to break the ice or maintain the conversation. That's okay for a while but eventually one has to take the bull by the horns! I find that frightening and exciting! Good luck...
I'll be your friend!

9:33 p.m.  
Blogger Joyska said...

I think there are many great things about you that many would love to learn about... myself included! Love your blog by the way, I tend to only lurk, but I wanted you to know that I was lurking again!

9:59 p.m.  
Blogger hayes said...

I'm glad Im not alone in this thing. Thanks girls:)

9:14 a.m.  
Blogger Sonya said...

Oh, I can totally relate! For me, I think it's been longer than post-kids. I have felt friendship-impaired for quite some time. Last spring, God gave me some directives that have indirectly helped me in this area. I know he'll walk you through this, too. Can I be your friend, too?!

11:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home