Truth can be dreams: Light a candle

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Light a candle

This morning at church we had an incredible service. It was dedicated to parents who have experienced loss of a child. There where some parents who spoke and told a bit of their story. I was absolutely crushed.

I never know what to say to people who have lost someone they love. I usually don't say anything. I always think of how stupid and pointless my words would be to someone who is grieving. I also think of what I would want to hear, what would help me if I was in that state? I have no idea. I guess I wouldn't want people to stay silent and then I wouldn't want to hear "It's going to be alright" either.

I have a great respect for those who have lived through death. I have not experienced much of it myself.

I have 4 older sisters and we all have children. One of my sisters lost her child by miscarriage a few years ago just before Trinity was born. I mourned the lost of that child, that niece or nephew my kids will never get to play with on this earth. We gave Trinity 3 names, Trinity scarlet Mystery Hayes. The Mystery is in honor of that lost child so that we would never forget, and we won't.
hayes at 2:50 p.m.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Death is a very difficult and painful part of life.There are not many words to express it.....
What a beautiful name you gave your daughter! I love it!Take care Alexandra...blessings...jewel

7:50 p.m.  
Blogger Mountain Girl said...

The death of a child would have to be the most difficult test of faith.

www.thinkingwomanslife.blogspot.com

8:09 p.m.  
Blogger ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ said...

Thank you for sharing this. I am glad to see too that your church recognized the children too. Not many will do that. We had a stillborn daughter 7 years ago, and lost a 16 year old son in December, so I understand this pain too well. I have a website you can see from my list, Bereaved Moms Share for moms who have lost a baby - with message boards, articles, memory keepsake items, etc. You are welcome to visit.

11:56 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK seriously TRIN's name is so beautiful...i love the Mystery one that is beautiful,..thats so awesome...That must have been a moving service,....
I have totally been thinking of you lately,..wondering how your health has been,...i just went and got a whole whackload of tests done and nothing came from them..so now the doc has to explore other avenues....its so annoying to not get answers....ARGGHHH!!
Anyways lovely,..hope you are well,..and the kids,..hope they are greeeeeeeeat...heres to patients in parenting tots...LOL...i know i need it....!
Love ya..JEN

12:16 p.m.  
Blogger hayes said...

Thank you for sharing everyone. It was a great service. I look forward to it next year! God bless those people who made it happen.

11:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home