Truth can be dreams: Home sweet home

Monday, August 16, 2004

Home sweet home

AHHHHHHHHHHHH. Back from Thunder Bay. It was a good trip. We were there for just enough time. The kids were exhausted and so were we. It was great to get home last night. We were so determined to get home that we made the trip in about 6 and a half hours!! It usually takes about 8 hours. We only made one stop and just kept truckin.

The only crap part is that my kids were exposed to the chicken pox. They say it takes a week or so to start breaking out in spots. They both already have diarrhea so I think it will be a crazy few weeks. I will be glad when it's all over.

I have been reading four different books over the past few weeks. All written by Jim Cymbala. They have really been challenging me and teaching me a lot. I am feeling much more focused on a day to day basis. Trying to get things done TODAY in stead of TOMORROW.

We had Trinity dedicated in Thunder Bay by Ken Parker. He is so awesome and we just couldn't imagine having anyone else dedicate her. It was amazing. He spoke some really cool stuff over her. I will share it some other time.....maybe.

Lots to do....


hayes at 8:21 p.m.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home! I didn't even know you were gone.....guess you realize that's why I gave you a call to go out last week! Anyways, that's so sweet that Trinity got dedicated! I hope in a way that they don't get the chicken pox, but it makes everything easier when you are older and know that you've already had them! The older you are, the worse it can be!

10:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh...again I forget to post who I am! that one was from me!
- kristi

10:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE KEN PARKER!!!!!!! I haven't seen him in a long time. He normaly comes for a visit once a year to Full Gospel. My boys had the chicken pox at 3 and 15 months and they did well. I put oatmeal in a soak and put it in the bath and that helped lots.

Miranda

1:10 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya hi!So is that your eye or what?You gonna have more kids?How do you like Winterpeg? Have you checked out the Royal Winnipeg Ballet?There used to be a store in down town Winnipeg it was a thrift store underneath a coffee shop cant remember what its called.Anyhow it was called the MT CLOSET.Really funky shit in there.Thats where I got the idea for the Mercy closet(remember that?)LOL.ANY hoooooooo be nice to chat with you some time.cya for now jewel

1:53 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are the books about that you are reading?Is it Christian?Im looking for something new to read.Let me know.http://jewelsgemsandtreasures.bravejournal.com

12:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home