Truth can be dreams: Star Wars and Valentines Day

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Star Wars and Valentines Day

Silver has discovered my collection of Star Wars books. They are the series written for 8 - 12 year olds. I know it may sound crazy but I like them! They give a lot of background on the relationship between Master Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-wan. For those of you who know what I am talking about, you understand....right? Silver has been carrying them around and pretending to read them. He likes the pictures on the front of Jedi with there light saber's. He's so cool.

So tomorrow is Valentines Day. What will you be doing? I am interested to learn how people are celebrating with their families.

I am planning to decorate the house tonight and then make heart shaped pancakes, cupcakes with candy Love Hearts in the afternoon (as a surprise for Ryan when he gets home from work). I want to do a painting with the kids too. Ryan and are are going out at night! CRAZY! A really great girl that he works with is going to babysit for a few hours after the kids are sleeping. I think we will just go for coffee and conversation :) We both love to talk, just about totally different subjects. Anyway have a great Valentines Day everyone.

hayes at 4:31 p.m.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Alexandra, that is great! I can only imagine how tough it is for you to go out together without the kids....Have a wonderful night! And your day sounds like it will be fun too!

5:22 p.m.  
Blogger Christina said...

Silver is so cool. With the parents that he has, how can he not be though?! :)
I love your plan to celebrate V day with your kids, and how great is that that you get some time with your hubbie in the evening. I hope you have a wonderful day!

7:40 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That's so great that you're making this love day a family event! Have such an awesome time baking, painting and conversing! I hope you and Ryan have such a relaxing and wonderful evening just the two of you! Bless you guys!! Happy Valentine's day!

1:08 p.m.  
Blogger Sonya said...

Have you checked out the Breathe site lately? There's 40-some comments about the subject (scroll down for the original post)...a bit controversial, too...

Anyways, last night, Rod came home with some flowers for me and some for Rachel. Today, I did a little Valentine's craft with Jacob and his friend from next door. (Jacob made a Valentine for Daddy). We're going out after Rachel's asleep and doing much the same. Although we'll have to see if there'll be room at our venue of choice (the Palm Room at the Fort Garry).

Just as a reality check, Jacob had a huge meltdown this afternoon and Rod and I had differing reactions to it. Life isn't all ideals, but we can try!

2:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember when we were all living with Carlie (when silver was just tiny) and we all got hooked on those books!

I was honestly just remember that a little while ago, my favorite memory is looking up from one of the books to see all four of us sitting in the living room reading...

I need to buy those I think....How many are there now? Are they still making them and writing new ones?

Miss ya...hope you are well. You are in my thoughts and prayers often!

6:41 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous was Rachel by the bye...

6:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home