Truth can be dreams: A terrible Fall

Sunday, February 06, 2005

A terrible Fall

So I fell down the stairs today.

It was about 11:00am and Ryan was at work. I was going down the stairs, like I do a million times a day, to do laundry. Something you should know is that throughout the day I throw dirty towels and clothes down the stairs until I have a moment to actually put them into the washing machine. Some of the clothes I had thrown down actually never made it to the bottom of the staircase, but were laying messily on the stairs. I began kicking them down the stairs (as my hands were full of boxes). On the second or third stair it all began to go terribly wrong.

My foot slipped and down I went. I didn't struggle too much as I knew I was going down no matter what I did. I tried to lean back so as not to crack my head by falling forward. My right and left arm suffered some scratching and pulled muscles. The right side of my bum got a good smashing and my legs just hurt all over.

Eventhough it wasn't a MAJOR fall it still freaked me out a bit. From now on I will be more careful when going down stairs that are covered with laundry and carrying a bunch of boxes in my arms. :)

Perhaps I need a new system for the dirty clothes. I guess a clothes hamper would make since and would be a little safer.


hayes at 10:36 p.m.

5 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

OUCH!!!
Sorry to hear about that, stair falls can be serious business. If it is really sore after a couple days, perhaps you should get checked out!
And be careful...you must take good care of your little body....it needs to dance!!!

3:32 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Man, stair falling is a serious matter! All of the clients I work with are old and falling down stairs equals broken hips and bones. You're okay? I hope you're all healed up and ready to shake your booty at church tonight! (how weird does that sound?!) Take care!

10:26 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BOOTY shakin????????At CHURCH???What would Jesus say?Just kidding....speakin of dancing..some people in my little church have been really bustin out the moves lately..its kinda cool to see,cause there is one guy who dances and he seriously rocks!Hey you better be more careful!I do the same thing with my laundry.Strangely enough though I often trip going UP stairs.....Hope your doing well.Luv ya jewel(k that sounded a bit mushy cause I dont really know you all THAT well...to be saying sentiments like "luv ya" already!Lol......how bout this one.....bless ya!!!!!!k going back to my own journal now....have a happy day......Adi

4:46 p.m.  
Blogger hayes said...

Jewel your hilarious!

1:10 p.m.  
Blogger Christina said...

My mom did the same thing last Oct, ended up fracturing her ankle, and was out for a long time. She's still in the process of being completely mobile again. Kinda scary that something as simple as tripping on a step can put you out for so long. Glad to hear you weren't seriously hurt!

10:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home