Truth can be dreams: Rain rain go away

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Rain rain go away

I usually LOVE the rain but I am getting a little sick of it. Tonight I was outside for a bit and let me tell you there where about ten thousand mosquitoes. Not cool.

So remember when I wrote about being asked to go to Thunder Bay to lead the dance at the Street invaders bootcamp in July? Well it was cancelled. I was really looking forward to the challenge and I was bummed that it was cancelled. Then again it would have been hard to go for a whole week without Ryan, and I would have taken both kids with me.

Do you know what Street invaders is? Well just check out this website http://www.streetinvaders.ca/

Sheri McConnell is the one who asked me, she sets all the bootcamps up and finds the people to fill the positions. Well I got a call from her about two weeks ago. She asked me if I could lead the dance for the Eston bootcamp! I know that most of you have NO CLUE what I am talking about but for me this is a big step in my dance/worship/ministry. I need to come up with a few dances for the teams to learn. Also I need to run the whole worship free dance stuff (which God gave me some Wicked ideas for), and put together some dances to be done by the dance leadership team in services.

I have about 6 weeks to have all my stuff ready. Then I go down to Eston and meet the dancers I will be working with. I think the hardest part will be working with people I have never even met! I will have two days to work with them and teach them everything. Then we have 5 days to teach the teams.

I'm SUPER excited. Ryan and the kids are coming too and Ryan is going to be teaching some classes. I really need to focus these next 6 weeks. I want to be prepared. That's all for now. Goodnight.
hayes at 11:04 p.m.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

WOW back at you, this dance stuff sounds awesome! (I'm almost jealous!) It is so wonderful to get to dance and teach and be praising and worshiping all at once. It's so pure and so satisfying! By the way, I never told you what a fantastic job you did at the recital! Please be in my classes next year!
Let me know if you want any help or studio space. (not that you need any help!) Blessings on the next 6 weeks!
... And I don't mind being added to your links, I'm flattered. I'm still trying to figure out all that extra cool stuff on my blog.
Have a good sleep.

11:46 p.m.  
Blogger Kristi said...

Alexandra, those were some great exercises you came up with on monday night at dance! I'm excited to give them a try on a sunday morning!
What an awesome opportunity this streetinvaders thing is for you! I'm so pleased that you are getting this honor! You'll do great!

7:02 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go! That is exciting.I loved Eston.It's a neat little place hey?Your gonna do great I bet and have lots of fun!Hey how are your potatoes growing?You should see mine!Yipee...I actually have a few things living and growing in my garden!Have a nice weekend! Luv jewel

11:49 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Alexandra you're going to do incredibly!! I'm excited to hear how everything goes! God bless as you continue to move forward continually in dance and worship!

1:27 p.m.  
Blogger Sonya said...

Ooo, Eston, I actually know where that is...or at least, I've been there! (It's in Saskatchewan, for all you Manitobans!) That sounds like a great opportunity for you...even better than the last one!

10:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home