Truth can be dreams: Tonight

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Tonight

So tonight at the Vineyard we had a Celebration service. It was really good to be able to worship God with others. I tried painting again. It's been awhile since I have attemped it. It's such a totally different experience. Because when you do movement (dance) it's there one moment and then gone, same with a note sung. But a painting is something that people can look at for a long time. Once that paint is on that canvas that's it, there it is to bee looked at, studied, critsized or complemented. I find myself so vunerable in this expression. But I'm still going to do it. I want people to see , if nothing else, that it doesn't matter what it looks like GOD is blessed. We are created for HIS purpose and his purpose is his pleasure. So my I be pleasing to him and bless him. I guess I was just encouraging myself a bit there :) A woman came up to me at the end of the service and told me how blessed she was by my painting. That was so cool. So I came home and finnished it. Here it is.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I wanted to originally do three paintings, one with just the seed, one with new growth, and one with full bloomed flower. But I just condensed it allinto one. I like it.

Here are two shots I got of dancing. I love when Christina dances with material. She's awesome :)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I also LOVE IT when the kids dance. I got a great little video of Christina and this cutie dancing!
hayes at 10:54 p.m.

12 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Alexandra your painting looks GREAT! I love it! You are definitely gifted in the arts - dance, painting, etc. and it's so good to see you step out in it! Keep on being vulnerable because in that you are definitely blessing the people around you!

I agree, Christina is an awesome dancer!!

9:31 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW it looks great in here!!!! I LOVE it!!! Good job! I really like your painting too. Neat stuff...Jewel

2:58 p.m.  
Blogger Kristi said...

I love to see pictures! Your painting turned out awesome!

4:18 p.m.  
Blogger Christina said...

hey I'm on your blog, hee hee!
I love the finished product of your painting, it looks so good - seriously.
(your awesome too!) :)

8:13 p.m.  
Blogger Ruth said...

I LOVE the new look of your bog!!! I want it too!! Did you have to pay for it?

I'll see you Wednesday! :) The class is huge!
Tonight was AWESOME! Lots of people!
I've over used the "!"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:44 p.m.  
Blogger Clarkie said...

I love the new look! Its wicked...your painting is wicked too...Wait...your wicked....

10:25 a.m.  
Blogger Kellie Huffman said...

Here I am, jumping on the bandwagon! I love the new look too and love that you are stepping out in so many creative ways in worship. I am so proud of my little sister! The picture is beautiful. Just gave me a great idea. The girls and I could try painting to worship music as part of thier education. It would be great fun!

11:25 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the words and picture together esp for a wroship setting. That phrase is so good to meditate on - be planted - in God, in the word, in the relationships and callings He has for me. I think its speaking to me too!!!

5:45 p.m.  
Blogger Erica said...

I liked your painting.
Even before it was finished.

3:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that cutie is ava. thanks to all of you who reach out to the little ones and encourage them to express their passion.
elisa

10:20 p.m.  
Blogger hayes said...

Right sorry I didn't say that was Ava. She is so awesome. I had a blast dancing with her. Elisa I can send you the video.

9:09 a.m.  
Blogger Enrique said...

Hi, I just found your blog. I love that you dance and paint. I love those things too. It's that whole dance-art-poetry-music flow. I relate to your comments about paintings sticking around long after the experience of expression unlike a dance or song(not recorded on tape or video right). Anyhow, glad to see you dancing and balancing family, worshipping Jesus, and creativity. Yea!

9:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home