Truth can be dreams: Birthday Bash

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Birthday Bash

So are there some kind of unspoken children's birthday party rules? You see Trinity's birthday is coming up and I am making the invitations, which means I am creating the list of invites. It's going to be a small party. I like to use these moments (birthday parties) to get to know people better. So I just hope that people don't think I'm weird for inviting them even if I hardly know them.

Who do you invite to your child's birthday parties? Only good friends?Kids that your child seems to click with? Is' a little tuff when you aren't surrounded by people you have known for years. I'm just curious.
hayes at 2:31 p.m.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

I think you just go with your gut... Don't invite someone who's going to freak you out or you child out! I think anyone would be flattered to be invited to a party whether or not you know them. Then they know you like them and want to get to know them more.
That's what I'd do... That being said, Sam didn't get a real party this year (new baby and all) I sent stuff to his pre school and they did it! He had 23 kids at his party and I didn't lift a finger!

3:59 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats exactly what I have found happens (what Christa said!) When they are smaller we invited lots of our friends. Can't really do that anymore! They write the lists and hand it to me 6 months before the birthday...lol...anyhow hope you had fun! Adi

10:04 a.m.  
Blogger hayes said...

Good advice ladies! Thanks. I have no clue why I am so insecure about this whole party thing. I guess just because it is new to me.

11:30 p.m.  
Blogger Sonya said...

I still haven't had the guts to throw a party (or the energy)! Plus it always seems a little old by the time Jacob has celebrated with both sides of the family. So far keeping it simple has meant being very low-key, even with what we've done at home: a few balloons, some candles on something (this year it was muffins, two years ago it was ice cream), and a couple of presents. But I really try to emphasize that it's his special day all day.

10:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home