Truth can be dreams: Focus

Monday, August 08, 2005

Focus

We drove into town at 2:30am Sunday morning. What a wild week we had. The kids where a little thrown off from there usual schedule but they did pretty well. Silver had a blast hanging out with the big boys (they gave him candy non stop) and trinity has so much fun with Sheri's dog (who's name is Bailey but Trinity called him Perry).

The worship which included dance, music, journaling, painting and drawing was GREAT! I was able to do things I have wanted to do for a long time. The worship leader, Chad Block was incredible. He totally understood the huge part dance has to play in worship. On the last night at one point the drummer prophesy over the musicians with his drums and then Chad called me up to prophesy over the dancers through dance. It was amazing. I am pretty much speechless about that.

It was weird to be thrown back into the world of full time ministry. I knew quite a few people from my time on LifeForce. I also met so many new people that had been on LifeForce or Street Invaders before. Working with so many personalities can be a major challenge for me, and it was.

God really blessed me this past week. He spoke to me about focus and pressing on. I am totally encouraged in my gifts and have a renewed passion and desire to see worship and creativity released in Gods people. Ryan and I got to work together which is always awesome. On the last night they have a commissioning service where every kid gets prayed for and anointed with oil. There where 9 prayer stations and Ryan and I where set up at one of them with Rachel Helm (wicked chick), and Scott Francis (good guy). It was a blast. We had someone watching our kids that night and we stayed out until the service was over which was at 3AM! My whole body was shaking from exhaustion.

Here are a few photos from the weekend. I will post more ina few week as I am receiving some from others who where there.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Lana and Jessica dancing and Rachel painting.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This girl came to me every night to borrow my flags. Finally I sent her on the stage, she was awesome!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
more dancing
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
a painting done in the service by Erin
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I don't know who did this one but it's awesome!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Another one by Erin, she lives in Regina. I have invited her to come visit with her husband. I hope she does.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sheri McConnell. She kicks butt! But she is moving to Cali in Sept and will be totally missed.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Silver with the big boys.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Trinity sitting behind the fridge in the staff lounge.
hayes at 3:06 p.m.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alexandra, I'm glad you are still going forth with the giftings God has given you. Thanks again for helping me get freed up when we worked together at Rundle Ridge. I need to allow Him to have more freedom again. Your post is encouraging! Oh, and, cute kids!!
Karen
karen@xcountry.tv

7:12 p.m.  
Blogger Kristi said...

welcome home! it sounds like it was incredible! we definitely have to get together to hear all about it! so good to see pics too!

10:51 p.m.  
Blogger Christina said...

WICKED! It looks like you had an awesome time. Can't wait to hear more about it.

12:14 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Man, it sounds like you had an awesome time! I would love to hear more about it and see some more pics, as well! YOu rock!

3:09 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey baby!! thinking of you!!Hoping you are well!! sounds like you have lots going in in life!!! BIG hugs girlfriend!!
Jen

11:56 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulate me, I'm the 2881st visitor to your page! Do you give door prizes? Speaking of visitors... What'r you guys doing on August 24 and 25? Cause I'm stopping over in Winnipeg from Wednessday afternoon to Thursday around noon, and I sure hope I'll get to see you, Ryan, and the kids! I can't find your number though; I know R gave it to me so I'm sure it's here somewhere. I'll call you when I find it.

9:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the painting of the girl with the flower......cool.....

11:55 a.m.  
Blogger hayes said...

hey steve. thanks for your input but I don't need luck I have FAITH! God bless.

9:36 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pink painting with the flower was done by Renee Ehalt.

James

10:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home