Truth can be dreams

Sunday, January 22, 2006

We took the kids skating today. It felt nice to not be in a hurry to get somewhere. After I got off work we stayed at the Forks and the kids tried skating for the first time. Silver tried really hard and probably could have kept skating for hours. Trinity needed quite a bit of help and our backs where aching. Then we had a nice little snack and some hot chocolate of course.

I am starting to think about the trips we will be taking this summer. We will be driving out west for a wedding in B.C. I hope to stop in Kamloops and Calgary to see some friends. We haven't really been back there for 5 years so it will be nice to see people again.

I use to drive from Canmore to Kamloops almost every weekend just for church. I can't remember how long the drive is. I think it's 5 or 6 hours. I totally loved it. People use to think I was crazy but driving through the mountains is AWESOME and I really felt connected to the people there and what they where doing. I always stopped at the same places along the way. Man those are great memories. Anyway it will be awesome to drive that road again. The kids are going to love it!
hayes at 8:05 p.m.

5 Comments:

Blogger anthony said...

I thoroughly enjoyed watching silver skate!! Your kids are ridiculously rad!
See you on Sunday.

11:24 a.m.  
Blogger Ruth said...

Sam has been learning to skate this year too! We have to rinks right across the street from us! You guys should come over sometime for a skate and hot coco at our house!! I have one word for you about Trinity... PYLON! If she holds onto a pylon or chair it saves YOUR back!!

Chris and I used to drive an hour and a half to go to church (when we lived in T.O.) It was wonderful! We had some of our best discussions, meditations and arguments on those trips to and from Church! Great bonding time!

See ya soon!

2:58 p.m.  
Blogger Erica said...

This has truly been a beautiful winter.
Isn't it nice to be able to go skating and sliding outdoors?
Ahhh....

11:47 a.m.  
Blogger Sheri said...

HEY Friend

you should check out my recent post!

1:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wanted to say hi...

9:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home