Truth can be dreams: Delightful

Monday, December 26, 2005

Delightful

Christmas at our house was so wonderful. This year was so much fun. Both of the kids really enjoyed it. Here's a quick rundown of the things we did to make Christmas special.
-made a bunch of different cookies
-made gingerbread houses from freshly baked gingerbread (oh it smells great)
-Ryan and I actually bought each other presents this year
-went to church
-left cookies,milk, carrots and a letter for Santa (he even wrote back)

Here is a funny story about Christmas Eve. All week I had been telling Silver that sometimes Santa's sleigh bells could be heard and if we did hear them then we should get to bed quickly because it meant he was coming soon. So just around bed time when Silver and Trinity where drawing pictures for Santa Ryan went outside and rang some bells that sound like sleigh bells. Well Silver just froze. He listened hard and said "Mommie, do you hear that?" Within 2 minutes they where both in bed and we never heard a word from them all night. In the morning I heard Silver from his room saying "Daddie is that you? Daddie?" I had to go and get them out of their room. Then the present opening began. I've got some pictures I will post this afternoon.
hayes at 11:35 a.m.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

What a clever idea.
I'll have to try that one year.
Perhaps, it'll get my kids to bed early one night.

8:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home