Truth can be dreams: SOOOOOO much on my mind

Monday, October 31, 2005

SOOOOOO much on my mind

I actually have a lot to say. There are so many things going on in my world right now. Here is a short list.

1. My test tomorrow (a HUGE deal for me)
2. The 10th anniversary at the church this coming weekend.
3. Halloween
4. The Grace of God...I love it!
5. My sore body
6. Being Brave
7. Inspiration
8. Creation


We had a cool little party with some kids last night. I didn't get any pictures but it was great. All the kids dressed up like animals. They played and had a great time. A few weeks ago I got this cool book called 'The pumpkin Gospel'. Basically it takes you though the gospel as you carve a pumpkin. It talks about all the yuckie stuff (sin) that God cleans out and then puts his light in us and we shine. It was cool. That is definitely something we will do every year at this time.

I never realized how many different opinions there are about Halloween. It was never an issue for me growing up and it still isn't. Here is a link that gives a brief history of where Halloween (as we celebrate it today) came from. It's interesting. Not all traditions came from an 'evil or dark beginning'. Anyway I don;t really want to have a discussion about it.

I should go and do some laundry or something. There's always something to do.
hayes at 1:10 p.m.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

I know where you've been lurking.... ;-)

2:56 p.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm praying for you about your tests! I pray for peace, good results and lots of rest!
take care and let us know how it goes!

9:26 a.m.  
Blogger Kellie Huffman said...

third time posting this, i keep forgetting the word verification thing.
I'm with you Alexandra. I have been reading a bit on Yvonne's blog too. If we cut out Halloween because of its evil beginnings and how it is still celebrated in the occult we would have to get rid of Christmas and Easter too. They also have pagan beginnings and are still celebrated as such. I also believe it is possible for people to have different views on this without being wrong. The Holy Spirit will convict some to not participate and others too shine their light in the darkness (that's what we do). Only God has the big picture. Anyway, we had fun. the girls and barry went out and i worked the door.
-having chocolate for breakfast! praying your test was ok

8:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home