Truth can be dreams

Saturday, November 19, 2005

I was just spending some relaxing time checking out some blogs. I almost commented on about 4 blogs. But everytime I started to comment I just couldn't Finish. Subjects like, how to inspire Christian youth, parenting techniques, and books. There where more but I don't remember right now. I have learned to be very careful when commenting on blogs. So much can be misunderstood. It's almost impossible to portray tone with the written word. One person may write something and the reader can misunderstand the tone and then the back and forth comment after comment happens. Which can end in everyone being hurt or offended. Why am I taking about this? I m not totally sure. I guess it's because I often don't comment for fear of being misunderstood. O.K I just realized how pointless even thinking of this is. There are more important things in life.

So I will talk about some of my thoughts on inspiring Christian youth. First I think that the church (being the entire body of Christ) doesn't give youth enough credit. At times I think they can be treated like children when they really are not. They don't need more programs or fun funky worship meetings. Don't get me wrong I LOVE those things and I don't think we need to get rid of them. I just think it would be nice to see more youth focused on different things.

When I try to think of ways to help youth to draw closer to God I think of ways that help ME draw closer to God. Seeing the power of Jesus change peoples lives draws me in. Leading someone to the Lord, blessing people, being blessed, praying for someone, being prayed for. Things like that. When I was a teenager (and even now) I learned a lot from watching others. I need to remember more that people (young people more importantly) are watching me, watching all of us. We teach them so many things just in what we do, and say.

I have actually lost my thought. I had more to say but I'm tired. Good night.
hayes at 10:28 p.m.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri said...

oops -i was trying to leave you a commment but, it was sent as an email. ah yah ... computer ritard right here! ack;)

12:59 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home