Truth can be dreams: Lost Fathers

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Lost Fathers

This morning I taught my dance classes at the YMCA downtown. I had an unusual amount of kids in my 6-12 year olds class. The past 4 weeks I have had an average of 2-3 kids but today I had 7.

among the 7 were three pre-teen girls. They were really great in class and tried everything I had to teach (not all the kids are so willing to participate). After our class they stayed to watch and help with my creative movement class. Then when that class was finished we all ended up sitting and talking for a few minutes.

In the 15 minutes that we chatted I found out that two of them didn't know their fathers. In fact they had never even met them. They spoke about not wanting to see them or met them, and also how it would be nice if one day their fathers searched for them. You could see that eventhough they were angry and confused as to why their fathers left them they still had an almost stronger desire to one day meet them and know them. More importantly that their fathers would know who their daughters were.

As I was driving home I was thinking about those girls. There were 4 of us sitting there and three of us had parents that were divorced or never married. The other girl's parents lived together for years and got married when she was 5.

Geesh. This world needs healing in so many ways. So why don't I pray more?
hayes at 4:09 p.m.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alexandra...don't mean to be nosy, but I have been checking your blog, curious about the results from you CAT scan.....if you can share, I would love to know how it all turned at....I am praying for you.

9:52 p.m.  
Blogger hayes said...

I don't know anything yet. I will post as soon as I find out. Thanks for the prayers!

8:57 a.m.  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Our world definitely needs healing! That's so sad...daughters need the love and support of their fathers! Kay, definitely need to pray more.

9:40 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home