Truth can be dreams: My answers

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

My answers

My answers (I didn't have these ready , I just wrote this out today). This has really helped me to step back and look at myself as a dancer. Places I need improvement, like better communicating what God would have me to, and also just to keep on keepin on. I really appreciate every one of you who shared your thoughts with me. I intend on writing a few more posts on my thoughts about dance. I would love to hear more replies. Don't be afraid. I was in no way offended by anything anyone said. I've heard, or have assumed, most of it before. I always hope to remain teachable. I have also replied to everyone. I will post that tomorrow.
1. Yes (many times)

2. Yes

3. Yes. You see this can be a big issue for dancers, worship leaders, preachers, and congregation alike. Here is my stand point.
We expect the worship team (musicians) to be onstage leading us to worship and speakers to stand in a place were they will be seen and heard by the people. So too should dancers be able to go to the front (not just to 'be seen' for the sake of being seen) , and share whatever they feel God wants to with the people. If I had a prophetic word that I felt God wanted me to share with the people I would go to the front, take the mic, and speak it out. Maybe that word would be for one person, or a small group, or even the entire congregation. But either way I would share the word trust in God and move on. So when I dance, there are times when I feel strongly that God wants to share something specific through my movements. Sometimes it's easy to walk up there and sacrifice my entire body for the Lord other times it's friggin hard. I don't just jump up on stage when ever I get the chance because I'm a stage hog, it's because I know this is part of my calling and darn it I will follow through with the will of the Lord for my life when ever I can.

4.This is a tricky question. Because I have myself have found dancing distracting. But also I have found some worship leaders voices distracting or a drummer who can't quite keep a beat or the songs sometimes sung for worship that I just don't get. But for me it's a matter of knowing that worship isn't about the dance, the voice, or the song. It's about God. If there is a dance I am not connecting with I close my eyes and focus on Him. A voice that I don't dig, look past it to the heart of where the worship leader is going. Or a song I don't jive with, sing anyway to my King and pour love, adoration, intimacy, celebration on him.

5.yes

6. no

7. Yes yes yes. Give me more and more. I'll teach what I know and always take in more and more. I have been checking out some dance conferences that are held all over the world. I would love to go to one someday.

8. To watch I have received from both forms. I however love choreography. To me it can be like a well written song, with a great melody and true meaning. Or a painted masterpiece that someone has put hours and hours of time and energy into. Just the sacrifice of the time it takes to produce those things is awesome (although I know that sometimes those things can come quickly and be just as powerful and amazing).

I use to only be able to dance choreography . I had NO freedom to dance alone and I couldn't just make it up. But over the years I have received major freedom in this area. I am one of those people who says "If I can do it, so can you!".
hayes at 12:09 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home